YayBlogger.com
BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Yes! I'm back and blogging again!

I have been thinking about my old blog "I Have More Issues Than Vogue" for weeks now and how much I missed it. It's been over 3 years since I officially used the blog. For a good while today I was reading my old posts and I had a good laugh. I was very wild and unfiltered when I was younger. I'm still the same person but I have come a long way as far as life. Before I was much more impatient, immature, and insecure with life. Even though right now I'm not leading the ideal life, I have accomplished a lot in these 3 years alone.

For starters, I graduated from my mind fuck of a college. Each year I lost more of my sanity. I couldn't take another semester of the ignorance, drama, terrible food, and the high population of basic humans. I'm not the most religious person but I thank God from saving me from those heathens.

Shortly after I finished my amazing internship, I found a job at a local textile shop. At first I loved it but now it's a nightmare. Don't get me wrong, it's a great resource to have as a budding fashion designer/stylist but it's not enough for me. Since the new laws about providing healthcare to companies with more than 150+ workers has gone into effect, my company forced everyone to go part-time. At first I was upset, but now I'm actually happy that happened to me. I have more free time to myself! I now work only 4 days a week and I have 3 days off in a row. Even though I'm making less, much of my stress has been reduced and this has given me more drive to work on my clothing, save money and leave DC.

Throughout my life I have always been thrown into crazy situations like this. In the past I haven't always dealt with this circumstances in the most positive way. But one thing I can say is that I always come back after every failure and down fall I've had. I don't feel like I have been defeated. People expect me to be sad and ashamed of my situation but I'm not. For once in my life I'm proud of myself and that I love me inside and out! The future will be bright and prosperous for me. I can feel it.

No comments:

Post a Comment