YayBlogger.com
BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Sunday, April 21, 2013

More Make-Up Please!


With every pay check I receive, I now at least buy something new make-up wise. I'm usually at the CVS up the street from my house or the Target in Columbia Heights when I perform these make-up hauls. Most of the time I stock up on lip sticks or tinted lip balms. I hate lip glosses or lip stains because the colors never really stay and I always preferred the lipsticks because they were more consistent. 




Before I was so reluctant and afraid to try any of it.  I used to believe that the bright colored lipsticks and eye shadows wouldn't look good on me because of my darker skin color. There also weren't many foundations that really were in my color or tone either. Whenever I tried it myself, I felt like I looked like a clown or that it looked stupid on me. I was so insecure back then and for years I just went without it. 




Last Summer, out of curiosity I brought a stick of Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick and I live for it! I'm wearing it in a soft pink hue the picture above along with Cover Girl Queen Foundation. Whenever I wear make-up, I try to keep it as simple as possible even when I'm wearing foundation and the other extra stuff. I usually just wear lipstick and some mascara. Ironically, the bright and bold colors that I always shied away from look the best on me. In the picture below me, I'm wearing Revlon's Berry Smoothie Lip Butter. I used to be only for M.A.C but I love Revlon and Wet and Wild better now. They have improved their color system and they are much more cheaper and cost effective. 


Honestly, it is all about confidence. Even if you are wearing Blue or Neon Yellow you have to own and it rock. I feel very ecstatic that I have found what works for me and I always receive compliments on my make-up and just overall beauty.


No comments:

Post a Comment